Thursday, November 4, 2010

Intro to parenting...

Tomorrow, November 6, 2010, has been a date etched into Josh's and my minds for many months now. Why? Well, November 6th concluded the all-important 37th week of my pregnancy - the full-term milestone. If I could make it that far, then our baby boy would be fully developed and welcome to arrive at any point thereafter. We had many discussions with him about this significant date and trusted him to comply. However, we had our first introduction to parenting when baby boy chose not to comply with these directions and instead came on his own timetable, much earlier than Josh or I had planned. Now that we're over the shock of his early arrival, we have decided his non-compliance is indicative of his future intelligence - it was wise to take the upper hand from Mommy and Daddy from the get-go...


Nevertheless, Josh and I are proud to announce the arrival of

William James Cornthwaite,



born October 19, 2010 at 7:43pm in Agana Heights, Guam.



William was large for a preemie (34 weeks, 3 days) - he weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. He is happy and healthy, and given his size, I've forgiven him for the scare of a premature birth. If he had stayed inside of me another 6-8 weeks, I could have ended up with a monster baby... Suffice it to say, that would have made the birth process much more uncomfortable. Yes, we're quite content with our 6 pound little man.


Welcome to the world, baby boy!!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

So cute :)

EVERYDAY said...

so happy I got to meet your little bundle of joy... he's such a sweet baby! <3 CONGRATS again on such a gift from GOD!

Unknown said...

Congrats Mandi & Josh - William is so adorable!