Greetings from my new home on the island of Guam. I like it here - it's pretty small, but still much bigger than my first home (Mommy's tummy, that is). I was ready for a little more space to spread out - that's why I decided to come early, you see. I didn't want my nose to get squished any more than it already had...
Anyway, since I took my parents by surprise, they've been playing catch up since my birth. And now, even though she PROMISED that she would, Mommy is far too sleep deprived to expend the mental energy to blog about my first days of life (which may or may not be a result of my ongoing confusion between night and day...). So, since it seems I'm to blame for this delay, I thought I'd make it up to her by creating a photo diary of my time in the hospital. Here are my favorite memories from Tuesday, October 19 to Saturday, October 23, 2010:
Doing my best impression of sleeping like Daddy. Aren't I talented??
The hospital was super cold! I figured out how to work the system, though - I kept letting my body temperature drop so they would plop me underneath these awesome warming lights. Now that's a place to relax... (On a side note, how do you like my sense of style? How many people do you know that wear diapers on their arms? Probably only those that have IVs and don't know better than to pull them out...)
What's for breakfast, Mommy? I hope it's not Spam...again. Do all hospitals serve that?
Gee whiz - don't these people know that it's not fashionable to wear diapers on your foot, either? I'd rather have the IV in my arm...
Hanging out under my disco lights, though I think Mommy and Daddy called them phototherapy...
Jaundice does have its advantages - this setup was almost as cozy as the warming lights in the nursery...
Jaundice also has a great disadvantage - those darn goggles. Get them off me, would you?! I'm not under the lights now!
Daddy says this is his favorite picture...
And Mommy says this is hers...
But personally, I think this is a more dashing photo! (Mommy likes to pretend I'm smiling at her here, and I don't have the heart to tell her otherwise...)
Mommy is clearly excited to be going home, but I seem to be pouting about her choice of attire for me. In retrospect, I did look pretty handsome for the occasion...
My first life milestone - making it outside the doors of the Mother/Baby Unit!
Ah, my first taste of the Guam sunshine!
A little more sunshine at home. It doesn't look like I'm very impressed, but I wouldn't have been sleeping so peacefully if I wasn't so warm and cozy, you see...
Home Sweet (messy) Home! (Did I mention that our house minorly flooded while we were in the hospital? Daddy had quite a surprise waiting for him when he went home to pick up a few things for Mommy...good thing Mommy hadn't packed her hospital bag before I was born!)
And to wrap things up (haha, good pun!) - here I am happily swaddled (in one of Daddy's very own baby blankets, no less!) and settling in for the long haul at home.
Hope you enjoyed the photos! Mommy's on her own for the next post, though - I've got more pressing matters to tend to...like eating, sleeping, and well, you know...
Can't wait to meet you all!
Love,
William
1 comment:
So cute! Thanks for sharing :) miss you guys . . .
Post a Comment