Thursday, September 23, 2010

Practice makes perfect...

September was a momentus month for the Guam Cornthwaites - baby boy and I officially entered the third trimester! As the pregnancy nears its end, Josh and I are trying to wrap our heads around the fact that a little person will soon be making his debut on the world. It still seems to be a rather abstract concept to us, so we thought it might seem more real if we practiced using some of the skills and equipment we have accumulated up to this point. We have been incredibly blessed to already receive many generous gifts and hand-me-downs from friends and family - our little fellow is lucky indeed. Maybe if Josh and I keep up our hard work, then our little fellow will not just be lucky enough to have parents who own lots of useful baby equipment, but lucky enough to have parents who actually know how to use all that useful baby equipment! The jury's still out...

*Note - we had to use a stand-in baby, of course, and I think you'll agree that Oscar the Grouch (a remnant of my own childhood) did a marvelous job!

Honing our swaddling skills - actually, honing Josh's swaddling skills. Oscar seems quite content with both Daddy's swaddle and his cozy handmade swaddle blanket from Auntie Sara! Mommy's swaddle didn't warrent a picture...


Looking intrigued (or perplexed) by his car seat toy


"I Love Trash" - a sentiment that could well lead to many many baths...

Kicking back in his safari swing


All strapped in for a morning walk with Mommy and Auntie Hilary

Getting dressed by Daddy, which looks to be a rather dangerous process...
That's better, Daddy!

We forgot our stand-in baby here (oops - hope that's the only time that happens!), but our real baby and I are practicing rocking...and showing off special handmade gifts from Grandma and Aunt Laura

So, practice makes perfect, right?? We've got about two more months to find out for sure...
Just in case you're curious - here's real baby boy and I at 31 weeks! (No, it wasn't raining on the beach...when you're pregnant in the heat of Guam, you'll do anything you can to keep cool...)

And last but not least, a family portrait! :)

3 comments:

Hilary said...

So cute!! Love the family portrait :) Little boy you have to come early so mom feels up for walking by the time I get back!

Jeremiah and Sara said...

I love this! Thanks for the super fun post and the great pictures :)

Sheri T said...

you guys are hilarious! can't wait to meet baby boy...hopefully he doesn't resemble oscar the grouch too much ;-)