Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Princesses or Superheros?

June 30th was a very important day this year - yes, it was my 28th birthday (yikes, I'm drawing ever nearer to 30!), but more significantly, it was the day we found out whether the next few years of our lives will be filled with princesses or superheros. In other words, is Baby Cornthwaite a girl or a boy?? You never know with ultrasounds these days (think - uncooperative babies...), so the night before the ultrasound Josh and I decided to do our own test. We had been informed by many a well-wisher that tying my wedding ring to a piece of string and dangling it over my belly to see which way it would swing was a sure-fire way to anticipate the ultrasound results.


It seemed as if Josh needed to start brushing up on his Disney princesses!

However, we are thorough folks, so we decided to also try a more objective test. According to our very reliable internet sources, since we conceived in 2010 and I was 27 at the time, our baby would be a boy. Hmm...I thought that maybe I'd better invest in some Spiderman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comics after all...

So, we pondered the uselessness of these old wives' tales all night long and had a stern talk with Baby Cornthwaite about cooperation the following day. And was technology able to work its magic??

Yes! Superheros are in our future!! :)




Baby Boy Cornthwaite at 18 wks 4 days:


Profile shot. Perhaps we have a thumb sucker on our hands...


It's a boy!


And in closing, by popular demand, here's a couple of baby bump pics:




Where is he??


There he is!!

18 weeks 3 days here - almost halfway there!!

1 comment:

Jeremiah and Sara said...

Josh, I love your commentary on the video!