Saturday, July 10, 2010

Imagination

Baby boy and I hit a milestone today - 20 weeks! I can't believe we're halfway there. It's going so quickly, yet so slowly. I can't wait to meet you, little fella!

Lately, I've been thinking about all the kiddie games in my future and trying to get back in touch with my inner child. Imaginative play is quite popular with little ones, so I've decided to fine tune my imagination skills. I could use a little feedback - can you picture the following scenario?

Imagine that you're driving home from running errands, slightly rushed and grumpy because it's time to eat. The sun is beating down on you through the car causing you to sweat, despite the air conditioning being turned on high. You're stuck behind a pokey old car, grumbling under your breath at its impossibly slow progress. You gaze out the window in frustration and what do you see?? Why, you see a man walking a carabao (water buffalo) on a leash down the side of the busy road. But that's not all...standing on all fours on top of the carabao is a spotted dog. But that's still not all...the spotted dog is wearing a straw sunhat! But that's still not all...sitting comfortably beneath the standing spotted dog is a smaller spotted dog, basking in its shade. No sunhat needed for him! You chuckle, suddenly no longer grumpy, and blink your eyes a few times, expecting the unusual caravan to disappear. Surely it was a figment of your imagination...

So? What's the verdict? Is my imagination up to par with all the little ones out there??

Disclaimer: I may actually have seen this very image on my drive home this afternoon. I surely do love Guam!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

HAHA! One of the girls sees them all the time and finally stopped to take photos last month. Too funny. I still have not seen it in person . . .

Jeremiah and Sara said...

As I was reading your "imaginative" story, I was thinking to myself, this probably was something she actually saw!