I spend so much time writing about our wonderful adventures, that it must seem as if that’s all we do! Admittedly, that is much of what we do, but there are other aspects to our lives on Guam, as well. So, here is a little update on the rest of our lives:
Josh:
He loves his job! (Whew…because we traveled pretty far just to give it a try!) In a nutshell, he is a defense attorney for the JAG Corps. This does involve some court action, although he spends most of his time doing legal assistance work (ie: writing wills, settling tenant/landlord disputes, etc). He really enjoys getting to work with clients and make a difference in their lives. He has done a fair bit of traveling for work, too, which has been interesting. He’s really racking up the frequent flyer miles, since Guam is so far away from everywhere. In one of the highlights of this fall, he was able to extend a business trip to the States for a couple of days to give his family a surprise visit!
Mandi:
I love my job, as well! I am teaching private swim and piano lessons to children and adults. I love the flexibility of being self-employed. (I consider my job an education, as well, as I feel I am getting a crash course in parenting by being around children all day!) Aside from teaching, I have gotten involved in our church music team again, which has been challenging, yet rewarding. Every time I get back in to singing, I am reminded of how much I love it! I have also joined my first ever book club, and I wonder why I never joined one before. For a bookworm like me, it’s terrific…a good excuse to read all the time!
As a couple, we have joined a Lutheran church congregation and we are enjoying getting involved in various church activities. We have also made some good friends, some of whom we are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with in the absence of our families. And, we are eagerly awaiting our first visitors – my parents, for Christmas and New Years! The holidays will be here before we know it. In fact, I should probably just start preparing now…oh, who am I kidding, we’re going snorkeling!!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mandi... HI, we met at Bunko - and I came across your blog via I think Jeni Winegeart.... anyway... I noticed that you teach private piano lessons... and my kids haven't started playing yet... I was wondering if you have room to teach 3 more kiddos (10 & 9 yr old boys & my 7 yr old girl)... if so, i'm curious what you charge for lessons. And do they go to YOU or will you come to me? We also live at LEO at #29. Come see my blog and if you search around... you'll see them playing in video clips in old recitals.... Hope to hear back from you... THANKS! -Dot Ramirez
** i mentioned they haven't started playing yet... they do play... but we haven't started playing piano / taking lessons here on GUAM! i'm sad that i've waited this long to get them going again... but i have to start somewhere!
Post a Comment