A few weekends ago, Josh decided it was time for an adventure. Well actually, I should rephrase that a little bit (since Josh and I are certainly not lacking in adventure!) - Josh decided it was time for an adventure for our newly four year old buddy, Christian. So, he hunted through our trusty guidebook and found the perfect hike – Tarzan Falls. Even the name rang of adventure!

So, we called up Christian and his daddy, Graham, and off we went. The early hike was standard to Guam…a bit of jungle, a few bugs, nothing too exciting. Then, we hit the hills. These were fairly steep hills, especially if you’re only four! But, like a true adventurer, Christian stayed on his feet the whole time (unlike Graham, Josh, and I, who each took a spill!). Christian thought the hills were pretty cool, but they soon paled in comparison to the mud pits we had to wade through. A muddy path – this was becoming a bigger and bigger adventure! (Fortunately, when you’re adventuring at the age of four, you don’t have to wade through the mud yourself – you can just wrinkle your nose at it as you look down from daddy’s arms!

Oh, for the days of being four!) After we adults squelched through the mud for a while, we finally found our destination – the big waterfall. The adventuring didn’t stop here, though. There was still swimming in the waterfall and climbing nearby trees to conquer – both of which Christian sampled. Then, there were a few smaller waterfalls to check out on the hike back to the car, which I might add was over a mile (quite a long way in four year old mileage). Little Christian was a trooper the whole time and loved every minute of his first adventure (aside from a brief tussle with a mud puddle shortly before we reached the car). And I have to say, I loved every minute of the adventure, too! It’s not every day you get to see the world through a four year old’s eyes again. So Christian, when are you taking me on my next adventure?!
2 comments:
Can you expand more on where you found this four-year old buddy? Did I miss it in an earlier post?
Christian says he is waiting for YOU to take HIM on his next big adventure!
Post a Comment