Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moscow International Circus

Josh is off island again this week for work, so it has been up to me to entertain myself and create my own adventures. My first order of business after he left was to accompany some friends to the Moscow International Circus, on island for the first time ever. I haven't been to the circus in years - not since I won tickets through the reading program in elementary school! It was interesting to watch the acts as an adult. I think they were even more incredible to me now, because I have a better understanding of how tricky they are. Circus performers really are something else!


The circus "show girls" showing off...


My, they're spinning fast (and only holding on with their feet!)...I wonder if they get dizzy?!


A blindfolded tightrope walker...with no safety net. He commanded the attention of the whole auditorium - even the token clown (bottom center) was watching and holding his breath!


He's way up there!
Contortionists...in case you can't tell, the girl on the left is standing on stilts while leaning (can you even call it leaning??) backwards in order to pick up a glass of juice with her teeth...

She retrieved the juice and is now proceeding to drink it upside down...a very unique talent, indeed!


Trapeze acrobatics underneath a motorcycle on a tightrope...


For the younger crowd, one of the best parts of the circus - giant balloons at intermission! As a balloon lover, I was almost tempted myself!


Instead, I lived vicariously through my little friends...gone are the days when I can sit on a balloon without popping it! (Disclaimer: this balloon did pop moments later..right at the conclusion of the show. It was the grand finale, if you will!)

No comments: