Well, as we have been on-island for 5 months(!), it’s been quite a while
since we actually moved in to our house, but you know the old cliché…Better Late Than Never! I have finally gotten around to taking pictures. (Perhaps I should rephrase…I have finally gotten around to getting the house ready for me to take pictures!) Josh and I live in a complex called “Leopalace Resort,” which is primarily a resort for Japanese tourists. It literally has it all – a huge hotel, extended stay condos, a spa, a gym, a golf course, a bowling alley, a huge pool with a waterslide, an Olympic-sized pool, a walking pool, a 50 meter lap pool, several additional pools, a 5K walking/biking loop, a track, a beach volleyball court, tennis courts, several baseball fields, several softball fields, several soccer fields, several “multi-pu
rpose” fields, several hiking paths – including one to a beautiful waterfall, a mini lake with lots of fish that are always waiting to be fed, a wedding chapel, several great restaurants (so we’ve heard, we haven’t tried them out yet), a Polynesian dinner show, a bit of shopping, access to shuttle buses to take tourists into town for more extensive shopping and other activities, etc, etc… It’s tourist heaven! And then, hidden back behind the golf course, out of the way of most of the tourist traffic (whew!), there are two streets of duplexes. Josh and I live in a beautiful duplex above the golf course (though not too far above it, as we periodically find golf balls in our yard courtesy of, I assume, bad golfers!). We love our house, although the two of us rattle around in it, especially compared to our teeny tiny pla
ce in San Diego. This house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a great room, a dining room, a kitchen, 2 patios, and a garage. What a change! We have managed to fill each room up, though…but not with furniture, with books. (How appropriate for two self-described bookworms!) We do have lots of empty wall space yet, so we’re working on that. In time, in time… Anyway, I wanted to post some photos so you all can picture where we are. And also, I’m hoping I’ll entice some more visitors… Mi casa es su casa!!
since we actually moved in to our house, but you know the old cliché…Better Late Than Never! I have finally gotten around to taking pictures. (Perhaps I should rephrase…I have finally gotten around to getting the house ready for me to take pictures!) Josh and I live in a complex called “Leopalace Resort,” which is primarily a resort for Japanese tourists. It literally has it all – a huge hotel, extended stay condos, a spa, a gym, a golf course, a bowling alley, a huge pool with a waterslide, an Olympic-sized pool, a walking pool, a 50 meter lap pool, several additional pools, a 5K walking/biking loop, a track, a beach volleyball court, tennis courts, several baseball fields, several softball fields, several soccer fields, several “multi-pu
rpose” fields, several hiking paths – including one to a beautiful waterfall, a mini lake with lots of fish that are always waiting to be fed, a wedding chapel, several great restaurants (so we’ve heard, we haven’t tried them out yet), a Polynesian dinner show, a bit of shopping, access to shuttle buses to take tourists into town for more extensive shopping and other activities, etc, etc… It’s tourist heaven! And then, hidden back behind the golf course, out of the way of most of the tourist traffic (whew!), there are two streets of duplexes. Josh and I live in a beautiful duplex above the golf course (though not too far above it, as we periodically find golf balls in our yard courtesy of, I assume, bad golfers!). We love our house, although the two of us rattle around in it, especially compared to our teeny tiny pla
ce in San Diego. This house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a great room, a dining room, a kitchen, 2 patios, and a garage. What a change! We have managed to fill each room up, though…but not with furniture, with books. (How appropriate for two self-described bookworms!) We do have lots of empty wall space yet, so we’re working on that. In time, in time… Anyway, I wanted to post some photos so you all can picture where we are. And also, I’m hoping I’ll entice some more visitors… Mi casa es su casa!!
No comments:
Post a Comment