We live on an amazing island. It’s undeniable. And usually, Josh and I are good at taking time to stop and smell the plumeria (as the case may be!). But sometimes, we’re human and we forget to stop so often…and then nature finds a way to take our breath away and put us in our place. This weekend, nature managed to take our breath away several times…3 times, to be exact. And while I don’t have a picture of a single moment, short of the pictures burned into my memory, I would like to share what we were privileged to see.
First, after an unusually grumpy Saturday afternoon together, we went on an outing to a new beach and watched an eel artfully hunt and consume a crab while the ocean waves gently lapped over the both of them. (This was an amazing Discovery Channel moment for Josh and I, though perhaps not such an amazing moment for the crab!)
Moments later, we stumbled upon a small tree full of at least 50 butterflies that exploded into a flock of colorful, fluttering wings when we accidentally disturbed their quarters.
The following day, on a very hot, rather unsuccessful hike (Guam is not known for having well-marked hiking paths…), I jumped several feet as a majestic deer dashed out of the forest, sprang lightly over the quite sharp, limestone-covered forest floor, and sped past me back into seclusion.
Wow. Nature won…I’m still trying to catch my breath!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that is amazing. I am so glad you are able to enjoy these magical blessings. God is so artistic!
Post a Comment