
Josh in the jungle, just as the hike begins

Mandi in the jungle, preoccupied by something en route...perhaps a lizard, a spider, etc. The possibilities really are endless here!

Just for fun...this is how a photo (without flash!) will turn out in a pitch black cave

Mandi swimming in the Underground Swimming Pool (the camera flash really makes for a better picture!)

Josh and some of the obstacles encountered above the water and beneath the water (he is standing on a stray large rock beneath the surface) when swimming blind. (Notice the candle on top of the rock in the middle...people have left lots of candles and tealights around the cave, and when we bring matches with us next time, I'm sure the effect of the light of all the candles will be incredible.)

A self portrait in the cave

Josh climbing up and out, back into the jungle

An ancient Chamorro lusong, used like a mortar and pestle

Josh on the coastline of Pagat Village

The coastline is covered in limestone rock formations...beautiful, but very sharp!

For all those who have been with Josh and I to Ensenada, Mexico and La Bufadora...Guam has its own La Bufadora, though not quite as impressive! (For everyone else, notice the small geyser in the middle of the rock. This is a blowhole, or la bufadora. Every time a wave comes in, pressure builds up and creates this little geyser.)

Josh, a geologist at heart, exploring the sea of limestone

I prefer the water!

Beautiful leaves spotted on our hike out of the jungle...I'm not sure what they are, but the two-tone green and orange is so striking! (Also notice the pretty little snail shell attached to the branch a few inches up...I do love snails!)
1 comment:
Wow! All these pics bring back memories from when I was there in 86-87, thanks!
Post a Comment