We're making progress on this deployment - today we hit the 5 month mark! Who knew 5 months could simeoultaneously pass in an eternity and the blink of an eye? The perspective just depends on which man in my life is on my mind. If it's this little guy -
then I'm ready to stop the clock right now, this very second. He couldn't be a better baby, a more perfect answer to prayer. I treasure every moment we have together.
On the other hand, if my mind turns to this man -
then time can't slip by quickly enough. 5 months apart is 5 months too many. I miss everything about him, but I miss the little things the most. I miss my best friend.
5 months sounds like a big milestone. It's close to 6 months, and 6 months is close to 6.5 months. 6.5 months is the halfway point! We're nearly to the downward slope. Pretty soon our little family will be together again, celebrating different milestones. More fun milestones. Milestones from the cutest kid around.
We can do this!
Days before Daddy left...our family portrait when he returns will look substantially different. One of the 3 of us is growing like a weed!

1 comment:
Yay! Thanks for the updates Mandi - I can't believe five months have already passed! I hope you are having a good time in San Diego and that Josh is doing well. We still miss you around here :) xxoo
Post a Comment