There are certain requirements to living on Guam, no matter what your age. One of these requirements is having a valid passport. You can't go anywhere without a passport. You're island bound. In fact, when you go to the hospital to deliver your baby, they strongly suggest you pack your passport in case you need to be med-evac'd off island to a more acute setting. So, once William finally got a birth certificate and social security number, our next order of business was applying for his passport. In theory, it was an easy task - a few more annoying forms to complete perhaps, and a few more dollars to dish out, but nothing difficult. WRONG! We forgot about the passport photo... Getting an infant to keep his hands by his side, look straight ahead, open his eyes, and stop crying was perhaps our hardest childcare task to date. It took us 3 full days to get a photo we thought might work. While that was extremely frustrating, it did have a silver lining - we now have several series of photos that resemble one of those old fashioned flip books. You know, the ones that look animated as you flip the pages... Anyway, here are a few snippets of our journey to a passport photo, aka - The Faces of William!
Passport Photo Session #1:

Sleepy boy

Pouting Popeye

Daddy tried to wake little dude up...

...and little dude responded with a solid right hook!

Daddy forgave him.
Passport Photo Session #2:

Ok, I surrender - take your picture!
Passport Photo Session #3:

Hi Mommy!

Why am I awake now?

The camera again?!

Oh no!

But I'm hungry...

Hmm, maybe I can devise a plan to stop this...

Planning is exhausting...

And boring...

Aha, I've got a plan!

Ready, set...

Go! (Do you still want me on your white robe??)
Passport Photo Session #4:

Didn't these people learn their lesson last time??

Well, if dirty diapers won't get them to stop, I bet I can tug at their heart-strings...
And the winner is -
Passport Photo Session #3!!!

Little boss-man put up a fight, but Mommy and Daddy prevailed. We are now a 3 passport family - Cornthwaite family vacation, here we come! :)
1 comment:
That is so fabulous! Love his little face =) Give Will a kiss from Auntie Sheri!
Post a Comment