Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back on the blog

Hello! After a 2.5 month hiatus, I'm finally back on the blog. Whew! I didn't intend to disappear for that long, but life does have a way of slipping by. And slip by it did - how is it already March?! Josh and I have had a memorable 2009 so far.

Currently, Josh is deployed with the USS Essex, working as the lawyer for a Commodore in charge of 3 ships and a couple thousand marines and sailors. So far, he has been to Sasebo, Okinawa, and Thailand. We'll see where else he travels. He left Guam just after New Year's, and at this point, we're not sure when exactly he'll finish up.

In light of Josh's travels, I decided to take a space available flight back to the States to do some traveling of my own. I spent some time in California in January and early February, and now I'm in Georgia with my parents. I'm having a grand time, though I can't wait for Josh and I to resume our adventure-filled lives on Guam!
Obviously I don't have any photos of Josh's 2009 travels, but here's a few pictures from my time in the States so far:
Taking in Orange, CA after a morning hike with Aunt Laura and Cousin Melanie

Kicking back at Legoland in Carlsbad, CA (Yes, the fellow on the left is made entirely of legos!)


Legoland's depiction of our historic inaugeration...this too is made entirely of legos. Pretty cool!


Mom and I at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA (where Josh and I met and got married!), en route to...


My good friend Allison's wedding in DC! What perfect timing to be back in the States!

Of course, no East Coast road trip is complete without a stop in Greensboro, NC to see our family friends, the Theisens. Here's Sheri (my maid of honor!) and I after a day of fun.


Mom and Dad's house in Columbus, GA - covered with snow on March 1st! Columbus doesn't get snow, especially not in March. I guess all it takes is a visit from a girl from Guam who has completely adapted to daily 90 degree weather!


And finally, the best picture of the bunch - little Tito weathering the snow quite well in his sweater and poncho. You've got to admit - he's adorable!
I have a few weeks left in the States and then I'm off Nairobi, Kenya for a mission trip with Debbie, Josh's mom. I am beyond excited about this opportunity. Stay tuned for more details!
However, next up, Christmas 2008 in Guam!! (Yes, I'm slightly out of order...oh well!)

No comments: